Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 26, 2006

roog a faxa

that's sereer for God is so good. sometimes a little Sereer i learned while in Africa just pops in my head, and all day long i've been singing "God is so good" in Sereer. Funny, huh? Well, there's plenty of reasons to sing!
We had a wonderful time with family over Thanksgiving. It was relaxing and good to be both in Bainbridge with Asah's family and Tifton/Omega with mine. Jordan did great and was a "trooper" for both long trips there and back. While he's snoozing away for the night I thought I'd update the much neglected blog.

First, I'm blown away by God's goodness to us. I know that most know that I am now a stay at home mommy, which comes down to the fact that we are SUPER tight financially, like never before in our marriage. On top of that I recently gave notice to quit my Friday job (just wasn't working out) and pursue other things to hopefully produce a bit of income. Since Friday's are Asah's day off I plan on substitute teaching. I know, i know, subs don't get paid well and it's TOUGH, but i'm up for the challenge and getting out of the house! I also have a new client for accounting, a hair salon that just opened in town. I am excited about setting up their system and helping them out. New opportunities come up daily, which I know is GOD allowing me to continue to stay at home with Jordan.

Which brings me to my story....about how He continues to provide for us.

I had left a key to our house under the mat so that folks could come check on Josie (our cat) periodically through the week. Well, I called one of our friends from church to check on her Saturday...and she did much more than that. Asah and I came home about 9 last night to find out fridge, freezer and pantry fully stocked with groceries. Not just a few items but TONS of groceries. I was overwhelmed with the generosity. There were things that we would have never been able to afford on a usual grocery run like fun snacks and quick meals, Jordan's babyfood shelf was FULL of jars of babyfood, there were diapers in his room, even a pack of toilet paper in the bathroom. i was just amazed. Half of the things were already on my grocery list that I had made out on the drive home. God provides for our EVERY need....even oreos and cokes and mountain dew's!!!
Needless to say I met her with tears in my eyes this morning...when we get in a place where we can do this sort of thing for others...we WILL. asah and i discussed this and we both have a heart for seminary families and church planters and when we are blessed again financially we'll definitely help to support others. the body of Christ at work is a beautiful thing.

well, i'm rambling.

better get to the jordan update....

my step dad weighed him on the postal scale and he's a whopping 23.5 lbs. holy cow! he's eating like a champ and continually working on crawling. asah and i LOVE his little personality and seeing him discover new "tricks".

here he is on thanksgiving day chowing down on anything that was put in front of him.


more pics later as i get time to download them.

love to all,

the hudgins

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is so awesome t-pea! praise Him! jordan is the cutest little boy ever...i'm glad y'all had safe travels and lots of fun.
love y'all!
db

11/27/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger MC Hammer, DJ Jazzy Jeff and EDT said...

Tara,
I don't know why...but i am laughing extra hard at you today from two of your recent comments...#1- Your comment to me via donna's blog.#2- your comment to angela on her blog about the red and black theme on her Christmas tree! Funny! Oh how i miss you! I am so glad that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. i bet everyone enjoyed seeing your beautiful face! i like how you mentioned your Sereer...gosh it seemed like so long ago that you came back from Africa...ok well i need to get back to work! Love you!! MC-pea.

11/28/2006 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home