Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

to a wonderful friend...



i just received word that one of my former trainers in karate passed away on the 23rd. i just can't believe it. she was an awesome fighter, and after "googling" her name i came across dozens of articles on championships won. but i believe Erin was so much more than that. watching her with her husband and kids always let me know her priorities were to be a wonderful wife and mother. i trained with her from 2000-2002 while in college at North GA. one day i decided to take up the sport of karate, walked into the studio and i was welcomed there. i formed some great friendships and learned a lot about myself. i always hated sparring with Erin because she intimidated me, she was so good. but she taught me a lot. and i'm thankful for that. the last time i saw her was at Gold Rush in October of last year, she was working at the funnel cake booth for her church. I proudly wheeled Jordans stroller up and showed her my greatest accomplishment. she smiled a big smile, because she didn't know i was a mama. Erin, you will be missed greatly, but I know you are in heaven now. you were a true champion, and i will not forget you.

http://www.accessnorthga.com/obits/obit.asp?ID=17390

http://www.extremekickboxing.net/news.php

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home