Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 04, 2007

it's official: jordan has asthma

after 10 days of wheezing, coughing, quick breaths, etc the doctor officially diagnosed the little guy with asthma today. This is the 4th time in his short life that we've gone through a couple weeks of breathing problems brought on by respiratory infection, changes in weather, or something like that. It is a relief to have an official diagnosis.

I will now begin my research on the best way to treat and prevent the "flare ups"--

For right now he takes Pulmicort and Xopenex through a nebulizer in the a.m. and p.m. until this episode is over. I already noticed a difference tonight after his first dose, and he's been sleeping peacefully now for over an hour (down for the night) and I haven't heard a cough yet. So that's good news...because these past couple weeks he's been so restless.

Here's more reading
on childhood asthma.

Our prayer is that we will be able to help Jordan manage this and that one day he grows out of it.

Night night,

Tara

2 Comments:

Blogger Travis and Stephanie said...

Tara, You don't know me, but I am friends with Liz, Jenny, & Stephen at NOBTS. I was diagnosed with asthma at about 1.5 years old. The first thing my "old timey" pediatrician told my mom to do was to get a dehumidifier and start using it. Humidity is horrible for asthmatics and living down here we have our fair share of it! My mom said that after a week of a dehumidifier I was breathing almost effortlessly and a lot clearer. Anyway, please don't let my post scare you since I am a stranger, but I felt compelled to share a been-there-done-that type thing. I will br praying for you guys!
Stephanie Wright

6/04/2007 9:57 PM  
Blogger Hollie Carson said...

Tara,
Hugh had TERRIBLE asthma when he was a baby and child and he had the kind where every year he had to be admitted in to the hospital and chill out in a plastic bag. The good news is that he DID grow out of it..even the bad kind. So, that should encourage your heart!
Hollie

6/08/2007 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home