Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 06, 2007

just a regular old update

been awhile since I've done one of these.

Things are great! Busy, but great. I think I say that every time...life doesn't slow down much.

I'll start with Jordan....I usually do :)

TODAY, he is 18 months old. I cannot believe it has been a whole year and a half since we were blessed with welcoming him into our family.
He is an active, energetic toddler. Never ever slows down except for nap times. He is STILL napping twice daily (most days)...and sleeps A LOT at night too. I guess we can count ourselves blessed in the sleep department, but he definitely makes up for it during the day. It is very high energy! I find myself absolutely crashing at the end of a day.
Every day is a new word~it is so cool to see him grasp communication and language. I love it when he snorts like a pig when he sees a pig or says "BOO" when he sees a blue toy. It amazes me how fast he catches on! I really love this age.
He is 30 plus pounds, as big as most 2-3 year olds. I'll have official height/weight after Monday!
On Monday we will be seeing a new pediatrician. Jordan has been sick with asthma for 7 weeks now. We have tried a series and different combinations of 6 or 7 medications. It is very frustrating and expensive. Please pray that this new doctor has good advice and wisdom in treating Jordan. We are seeking relief from the constant wheezing/coughing. I refuse to put him back on certain medications because of the side effects. At one point he was so medicated he wasnt himself for days (lots of anxiety, night terrors, etc) Our goal is to NOT have that happen again. SO, all that to say please pray for healing for Jordan. It has been so long since we've seen him at 100% health.

The other two of us:

We are so good. God is really teaching us a lot...and being a part of Crossroads is so exciting. I am helping out with a small group for moms and it has been awesome. For any other mommies out there, I recommend the book "The Bathtub is Overflowing but I feel drained: How to defeat mommy stress". Despite the cheesy title, this is a great study to do with a group or on your own. It has enlightened/changed my perspective in many areas. Work at the pregnancy center is going great too. Our banquet is coming up and I'm excited for that.

Somebody turns 28 next week. Man, we are getting old(er). This will be Asah's 5th birthday that I've celebrated with him. When he was turning 23 we were "JUST friends" in Atlanta and I didn't want to be too over the top so I got him a giftcard to Blockbuster for a video game. Maybe that's what won him over. I cannot believe I've celebrated 5 of his birthdays with him!
I know I'm biased, but I'm very proud of my husband as pastor. He is learning a lot...both of us are. We are very blessed to be at a church like Crossroads. This past month marked 6 months of being pastor/pastors wife. It is a constant learning/growing process. We would greatly appreciate your prayers.

Okay, that was a long update. So many times I only post pictures so now you have the inside scoop as well.

We look forward to the Holidays and seeing family and friends,

the three of us

1 Comments:

Blogger Mallory said...

Tara, been meaning to email you and tell you i read about a research study in a magazine- kids who drink concentrated apple juice daily have less wheezing and complications from asthma. maybe it would help J? I know you must be so frustrated with it all. Let me know if I can help from a medical standpoint. we have a home checklist we do with our new onset asthmatics- talks about triggers and risk factors in the home. I may try to find it online and you could see what it suggests. will be praying for the new md appt- john mark has his very first pediatrician appt on monday too. ;) love you guys.

10/06/2007 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home