Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, November 23, 2009

Dr. Temple Grandin

In my research I've discovered a wonderful advocate for Autism. One of the reasons she's so wonderful (among many) is that she has Classic Autism. She has overcome obstacles and has had a very successful career. She was nonverbal up to about 3-4 years old. Very inspiring she gives me great hope for J. Now in her 60's, she continues to work and lecture on Autism...here's a recent one that gives GREAT understanding into the Autistic world. It's over an hour, so I dont really expect our blog readers to listen to it entirely, but I thought it may be a great resource for family members, so as to better understand Jordan. Gives great insight. Look for a TV movie on her life coming out in February 2010.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TARA I COULDNT OPEN THE VIDEO. IS THERE ANOTHER WAY I CAN ACCESS IT? ALSO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF/WHEN THE TV SHOW WILL AIR AND WHAT STATION. WOULD LOVE TO WATCH IT. THANKS, JOY

11/24/2009 7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

TARA, I WATCHED HALF OF IT LAST NITE AND WILL WATCH THE REST TONITE. SHE IS QUITE IMPRESSIVE. I HAD HEARD SOME OF THE INFORMATION AS FAR AS TRIGGERS, TREATMENT MODALITIES ETAL, BUT MUCH OF THAT WAS NEW TO ME. GUESS WE NEED TO FIGURE OUT THE TRIGGERS FOR JORDAN AND GET RID OF AS MANY AS POSSIBLE. THIS GIVES GREAT HOPE FOR JORDAN'S FUTURE. THANKS FOR EMAILING ME THE LINK. LOVE YALL. JOY

11/25/2009 9:37 AM  
Blogger --Shelley said...

that is so exciting. i do want to listen to it when we get home. i am sure it is fascinating and encouraging.

11/26/2009 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home