Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 16, 2006

mmmmmm lunch


so asah and i have been experimenting with saving $dinero$ so that we'll know what it's like on our post-baby budget. that means less eating out, etc....so i've been bringing my lunches to the office. today i discovered boston market frozen dinners. amazingly really good! i had the fried chicken with potatoes and peas and carrots. i mean, it wasnt like i was eating a home cooked meal or anything but if i closed my eyes it was close.

not much else going on...just working away and jordan continues to kick away. he especially likes when i eat and usually gives a few kicks of appreciation. i do what i can :)

well, welcome to the newest bloggers, Liz and the Colson's. i check a list of blogs regularly and so i look forward to keepin up with you folks now.

love,

tara

3 Comments:

Blogger Hollie Carson said...

Girl, you are good and very observant. Way to go check'n out my blog names. Gotta add a little spunk to it.

Yeah, Hugh and I are trying to cut back on the meals eating out now that we have a mortage to pay. So, I usually bring a little Smart Ones frozen meal, PB&J, or a salad. I like having a hot meal every now and then. This week, however, I've been on the salad kick. If you get in a salad mood, it's great if you buy all the goods and eat a salad for lunch all week. Here's what I've been putting in mine: spinach leaves, strawberries, red onions, grapes, mandarin oranges, cucumbers, walnuts, and just a dab of blue cheese. The salad is pretty moist with all of the fruit juices. One day I put a few spoonfuls of chicken salad on top instead of dressing. You won't need a lot of dressing though. It's oh so nutritious, scrumptious, and low cal. Try it,...you'll like it(Hollie's Cook'n show).

2/16/2006 1:31 PM  
Blogger MC Hammer, DJ Jazzy Jeff and EDT said...

Hollie, So funny you should bring up that specific salad!! I had it this week, only I have fallen in love with raspberry vingerette dressing! YUMMMY!! it's so good..and i never thought that i would buy strawberries in February!! Who knew!!! MC <><

2/16/2006 4:32 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

MC, I love rasberry vinagarette!!! I don't think that I spelled that right. Also, I like to put garbanzo beans/chick peas on my salads. They add a lot of protein and some cool texture. Hmm...I'm hungry now.

2/16/2006 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home