Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

this morning

so this morning things were going fairly well; i'd managed to get myself and jordan dressed, fed and all of our things together for a day at the pregnancy center.

i strapped J into his carseat and threw my keys in the drivers seat. after i shut his door i heard a "Click". And my heart sank. He'd locked himself, my keys, purse, and cell phone in the car.

Nice. Not a problem unless your husband is overseas on a mission trip and not a "phone call away".

i tried to think fast and saw that my neighbor's car was there. so i ran over and used her cell phone and phone book to call a locksmith. then we both stood outside the windows trying to coax jordan to unlock the door. 30 minutes later the locksmith came and popped it open.

Here's the awesome part. I grabbed my checkbook and he told me there was no charge. I almost cried! God knew we not afford the $50-75 fee....and he sent the right man to come and unlock the car. In fact, I'd called 3 other ones before him and no one answered. Just a reminder of God's faithfulness and goodness to us.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. Nothing like a litlte drama to spice up your already full day. How much longer til Asah comes home?? Chad leaves Friday for a mission trip for 8 days.

3/26/2008 1:09 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

oh my word! I can't imagine. I've only managed to lock myself out of my car once in NOLA. We were AAA members then, and it was such a blessing. For Christmas this year, Stephen's dad bought us a new membership, and I was so thankful! Maybe a gift idea for next year?

3/26/2008 1:21 PM  
Blogger Josh and Donna said...

praise Jesus! lil' stinker wouldn't unlock that door...

3/30/2008 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home