Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 15, 2008

not kidding

i was trying to think of a clever title for this post...but this is all i got. if i told someone everything that had gone on in just a few short days i think one response may be "are you kidding?" the funny thing is; everything else has seemed so minor in comparison to the news from monday.

let me fill you all in...then i'm going to list some of the huge blessings of the week. God has not forsaken us. and He's showing His immeasureable love to us in spite of the madness around us......

it's been 3 nights since we found out; and in those nights i have not slept a full one (or anywhere close) yet. just cant rest my head to well so i usually end up on the couch surfing the internet. the first night (monday) i was doing just that and decided to check out our bank account. i was surprised to see that the balance read "$0.00". i mean, other times i wouldnt be surprised....we struggle a lot of months to make ends meet but there was supposed to be money in there this time. so i checked it out and someone got our checking account information and created a fraudulent check to walmart to the tune of $870. that is a ton of money! (to us) so i get on the phone with Chase at 2 am and start the long process of sorting everything out. As of today we have a credit pending and the money should be ours again soon.
Normally this would be a huge worry but it just seemed so minor compared to everything else.

So last night rolls around and these huge storms pop up in our area. Gigantic storms. Torrential rain. We were relaxing on the couch when i felt my foot get wet. I didnt even want to look up. Our roof was leaking. Asah went to the attic and found THREE leaks. Not kidding. In a fairly new house with a fairly new roof I might add. Now again, this would top my list of worries on any other day, but last night we just put some buckets up there and laughed. We have no idea how much fixing a roof costs but it cant be cheap right? So i'm not superstitious by any means but "they say" that tough things happen in 3's and i'm praying that was our 3rd trial......

Now, some blessings from the week.

-Asah doesnt preach this Sunday. I know that seems like an odd blessing; but he spends a TON of time weekly focusing on sermon prep. I love that about him. But this week there wouldve been no way to do that the way he likes to. We were already scheduled to be out of town so that he can preach a revival next week so he had Andy Wayne (our assoc) do a series starting this Sunday. This gave Asah time to be with us....and not to worry about this Sunday as much.

-Our wonderful, thoughtful, beautiful Church family has been bringing us meals since we found out. I cannot say how much this has blessed us. Not having to "think" about things such as dinner has really ministered to me. These days I'm doing really well to take care of myself and Jordan much less think about grocery store trips and cooking. THANK YOU to any of our church family reading. We love you!

-Tuesday night some dear friends came over to pray with us. It was a sweet sweet time. Jordan especially blessed my heart during the prayers. After each person finished he gave a hearty "Amen!". sweet boy.

-Ever since Monday Jaxon has decided to move, kick, and squirm like crazy, seemingly non stop. I cannot tell you how wonderful it feels to get those strong kicks and punches. It's almost as if he's telling me he's ok...

Now, I guess I need to wrap up this forever long post. I know that people want to know how to pray; and to keep them posted....so I figured I'd take the time to write out these thoughts from this week (I'm up anyway so why not?!?!?)

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers, kind words and love during this time of craziness in our lives.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Joni said...

Tara,
I'm so so sorry for the craziness and uncertainty in your life right now. We are praying for you and Jaxon. You do not have to shoulder this alone - as evidenced by your church family there and others praying for you from afar!

Joni

5/15/2008 9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that we love you guys. We'll be praying for Jaxon and the whole family.
The Baggetts

5/15/2008 9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home