Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

back on the market (not our house, but me)

it seems weird. marketing yourself. but that's exactly what I feel like i'm doing. after 4 + years without working....(believe me, I've worked the past 4 years, dont get me wrong!!!) But I mean, working, as in a job outside the home with responsibilities and people to report to and deadlines to meet....it's been 4 years since I've done THAT. and i (think) we're ready to take that step and for me to do that again. i know we'll have those that say we're crazy...but the fact is, most months there's a lot more month than money. And God has GRACIOUSLY provided. I'm not saying that...I'm just saying with therapies, and just stuff of life, many times we just cant do it on a "preachers salary"....and even with all my outside gigs, which take tons of time and energy away from family time, some times it just doesnt cut it. So we are in the process of seeing what is out there. What would provide a good job but also flexibility for my sweet family. it will be a transition. probably not seamless...but we feel like the timing is pretty good. J starts SCHOOL in August. Jax is 2 in August. It has been 4+ glorious years at home loving and mothering my boys....but the fact is I am not equipped to homeschool my precious J bug. He has needs that I cant meet...but I know God's already provided above and beyond....all I've heard is that his teaching is AMAZING. A miracle worker. And I cant wait. We've already seen great improvement and I cant wait to see how he does in School. I think he will love it. And I think Jax will love being around other kiddos.
All the details arent worked out. I am applying in a very bleak job market. Not many people need an Accountant, because, as one of my clients put it last night..."There isnt much money to count" :) But we are praying and seeking and waiting on an opportunity.
SO, if you know anyone that needs an Accountant, with 8 years experience and who multitasks with the best of them who may occasionally need to slip away to be a Mommy but would work really hard and be an asset to your Organization please let me know :) (Should I put that on my cover letter???)
and prayers would be appreciated.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger The Summers said...

It's like you've read my mind...I'm itching to get back to work full time (for many of the same reasons). I love staying home, but as soon as Walker is old enough that I feel comfortable, I will be doing the same thing. I'm just glad to see someone else is in the same boat! Best of luck!

2/23/2010 3:22 PM  
Blogger The Rollins Family said...

Praying for you is about all I can offer, but whoever does hire you should feel honored to have you!

2/23/2010 8:46 PM  
Blogger Mrs Morgan said...

praying for you! too bad you aren't closer to Alpharetta:)

2/23/2010 9:14 PM  
Blogger dadandjoy said...

Tara, Lynn said to please call her about working for IRS. They may be able to accomodate you. If you don't have her number, call me or email me and i'll give it to you. Any company will be so lucky to have you. Will pray for the right company to get lucky and get you.Love ya. Joy

2/24/2010 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home