Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

when did this happen?

it's your 4th birthday today, sweet boy.

but i swear, it was yesterday....and I was meeting you for the first time....

I had no idea what I was doing but it sure felt good to have you all warm, and snuggly, and safe in my arms.  And that day I knew I'd love you forever.

But seriously, not long ago we were doing this.......

Your 1st birthday party in GA....a freezing cold (think 20 degree!) April day.  And all our family and friends were there and it was a great celebration.

And then I turned around and.....

suddenly you were 2, a toddler, into everything and enjoying life!  We celebrated two with a crawfish boil (you are a true Louisiana boy!).  All your favorite Sesame Street characters were there too.  what a pretty Spring day.....

but seriously, it couldnt have been that long ago.....
that you turned three...and we had a huge Fiesta.  Such a big boy, growing in so many ways, happy to be surrounded by all your friends and family.

I guess it has been 4 years.  4 wonderful, beautiful years of being oh so blessed to call you our boy.  We are SO PROUD of you....even though some days are struggles you always shine so bright....and I am so thankful that God chose to give you to us.  I know that your 4th year will be so amazing, filled with many firsts....I cannot believe you are starting real school this year and that you wont be home with me every day.  I cant believe how tall you are growing and all the wonderful things that you can do.  I know that I'll turn around again and you'll be 5, and 10, and 18 years old....but sometimes I close my eyes and like to remember times like this......

Happy 4th Jordan.  Soar!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Aunt Lynn said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!!!

Beautiful Thoughts, Tara.

4/06/2010 6:04 AM  
Blogger TheEvjes said...

Happy Birthday Jordan!
Tara your post brought tears to my eyes. :)

4/06/2010 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gram and Pop have been there for every party! We LOVE you Jor Jor, and will celebrate w/you on Sat. Can't wait to see your face when we give you our surprise.

4/06/2010 8:18 AM  
Blogger Trent and Jaci said...

Happy 4th Birthday to our WONDERFUL nephew!!!!! We love you Jordan! :) Hope you hae a great party.....wish we could be there to celebrate with you!

4/07/2010 11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

THEY GROW UP IN THE BLINK OF YOUR EYE SO I KNOW YOU'RE CHERISHING EVERY MOMENT. HE IS TRULY SUCH A BLESSING TO YOU AS YOU ARE TO HIM. LOVE YOU ALL. HAPPY BIRTHDAY J! LOVE MEMA AND PAPA BRYAN

4/12/2010 2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home