Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 07, 2005

The Hazards of Drive-Thru Banking

Well, here's a pretty crazy story for you. I'm not even sure if it's believeable, and still cannot believe that it happened to me, but get this:
I'm sitting at the BankOne drive-thru on Friday afternoon, attempting to make a final deposit for the week for work. I'd been in line for 15-20 minutes (very busy bank). I pulled up and was the next customer in line when, OUT OF NOWHERE, a truck behind me lays on his gas and crashes into my car. It was pretty crazy. One minute I'm sitting there getting my paperwork together, the next minute my trunk is in my backseat, and the front end of my car didn't fare too well either. Once the truck hit me it sent me into the pole in front of the deposit machine, then into the back of the car in front of me. I managed to escape in very good condition considering the impact. My leg is still really sore (and looks horrible!) but xrays showed no broken bones, so that is a big praise, because Asah and I live on the third floor and a cast on the leg would've made for quite the climb!
The man that hit me was crazy. He climbed out of his window and passed out for about 10 minutes. When he came to he informed us he had no insurance. He claimed his foot was lodged on the gas pedal, and that was supposed to explain why he floored it and rammed the back of my car. I really think he was on drugs, or something. He provided two different addresses, and I cannot find either one on whitepages.com, leading me to believe they are false. His phone number also does not match his name.
Anyway, the insurance adjuster will be out today or tomorrow for an estimate, but odds are the camry is totaled. it looks like a sandwich. I can't believe I'm okay! It is definitely a blessing and something I am very thankful for.
Please pray for us as we make decisions, such as "how in the world are we gonna get a car" when we still have a house for sale in GA. We know that our God is sovereign, and that He will provide for and take care of us.
Happy to be here!

Tara

PS- I don't believe I'll ever do drive thru banking again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home