Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 14, 2008

even the best laid plans.....

ya know how you plan and look forward to something for a loooooonnnnnggggg time...then it just doesnt quite work out?

this is what we were supposed to be doing for V-day this year:
(the anniversary of when Asah proposed! 5 big years ago!)





asah had booked us for the big Valentines dinner cruise on the Steamboat Natchez in New Orleans. i was super excited, especially about the menu. I think pregnancy makes you obsess about food even more. I remember emailing Asah the menu off their website just last week and being so excited about what I'd get to eat.

Instead, we'll be hanging out with this sick little guy:


(picture taken during a marathon nap this morning)
(thank you mimi for the elmo blankie)

yes, after the great concussion yesterday, jordan woke up with a croupy cough and high fever the middle of last night. he was up several hours. we were out of tylenol so asah made a midnight run to walgreens (super dad).

the concussion and being very sick aren't related....i kind of laugh now. even after the concussion we were teetering on whether or not to go ahead with the plans. now there isn't a question.

Here is what we're planning on for Valentines dinner instead:



i made a call the the reservation clerk for the cruise and my heart sank when she said the tickets were "nonrefundable". they weren't cheap tickets at all. i begged to talk to someone else. A sweet lady had much symphathy and offered to re-schedule for the regular dinner cruise at a later date. I am thrilled! We'll just celebrate a bit later......

here's a great Word on "plans"-

one of my favorites actually.

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope....
Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)


SO, whatever you're doing for Valentines day, just enjoy the time with the ones you love. That's all I have "planned" for tonight.

Happy Valentines Day!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger --Shelley said...

We too had pizza. I just could not bring myself to get off the couch and cook.

2/14/2008 10:52 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I had a grilled cheese, and Stephen ate cheese grits. We have plans for tonight, though, and I hope everything goes well. But thanks for the reminder that even when they don't it's OK. I really hate that lesson.

2/15/2008 9:26 AM  
Blogger Josh and Donna said...

oh! i am so happy y'all were able to care for sweet-man and also that you can still go on your fun boat date!

2/18/2008 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home