Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

the dreaded "c" word....

long time no post.
explanation:
jaxon likely has colic.
i suspected it a bit last week...it usually rears it's ugly head for sure around 3 weeks which is where we are today. he's been following a pattern now fairly consistently so after speaking with the lactation consultant and pediatrician yesterday that's what we're thinking. yucky!
basically he is inconsolable from about 3 or 4 pm to 8pm. he wakes every 1.5 to 2 hours with gas pains at night.
I asked about changing my diet, etc but the lac. consultant says it just needs to run it's course. this is the case with about 20% of babies.
we could complain and cry but it wouldnt help matters....the good news is it's usually over by about 12 weeks or so; peaking at 6-8 weeks.

we are so blessed with jaxon, considering what the doctors were thinking earlier in the pregnancy. if colic is what we have we'll take it.
not to say this isnt very very hard...especially with a toddler to care for. i find myself taking care of jordan with a cranky jaxon often crying in the backround. we're getting used to it though...

please pray for us.

i'll try and post some new pics later.

and if you have colic advice i'll gladly take it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless your heart! Charlie didn't have colic - but he had reflux terribly so I remember the nighttime grumps very well! All my friends rave about Gripe Water for colic and the little baby heating pads (actually water bottles you warm) from the internet! Good luck and this too shall pass!!!

9/17/2008 1:58 PM  
Blogger dadandjoy said...

I ALWAYS PUT TYLER IN HIS BOUNCY SEAT ON THE DRYER AND TURNED IT ON AIR ONLY. THE HUM AND THE VIBRATION SEEMED TO HELP SOME. WORTH A TRY. BLESS HIS HEART AND YOURS. IT IS UNBEARABLE WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO TO COMFORT THEM WHEN THEY'RE HURTING. GOOD LUCK. JOY

9/17/2008 2:43 PM  
Blogger Trent and Jaci said...

Sorry! Halleigh had colic when she was a baby and I remember those days like they we're yesterday. After dealing with her having colic I always prayed that when we did have a baby it wouldn't have colic. That was a HARD thing to deal with!!! Sometimes the only way to get her to stop crying for like 15 minutes we would put her in the car and ride her...she love to ride when she was a baby. It always put her to sleep. There we're many nights me and mama rode forever just to soothe her for a couple hours!!! =)

9/18/2008 10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been a follower of your blog and you and your family have been in my prayers through out all that has been going on.... I am a friend of Holly Carson's mom... anyway, my baby had colic and we used Gripe water, mylicon drops and the best thing that I found was to lay her face down on my arm so that her face was in the palm of my hand- this made her tummy feel better and she would relax a bit.... I will continue to pray for you! It will get better and before you know it, you will be struggling with homework! Amy Farr Williams

9/18/2008 5:49 PM  
Blogger Josh and Donna said...

oh t-pea! all i can offer are my prayers and long distance love!

9/19/2008 10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home