Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, October 06, 2008

30 months. sniff sniff.

"so teach us to number our days" (psalm 90:12)

in Psalm 90 Moses compared our lives to:

a watch in the night
a dream
grass that flourishes and fades............

jordan is exactly 2 1/2 TODAY. time has absolutely flown. i could cry when i think about how big he's getting.
i didnt realize this until i got a flyer in the mail from Pullups (just reminding me that no, Jordan STILL isnt potty trained or even close). It said "Your 30 month old" and my mouth hung open. How did he get so big so fast?

in our small group we are doing the book "feminine appeal"...it's a study of titus two and today was all about loving our children. i HIGHLY recommend this book to any woman...it is A-Mazing. The most impactful study i have been a part of. and we're only on the 3rd chapter.

one of the points was the brevity of life, especially this short season of childhood.
it encouraged us to "number our days"...because they are so fleeting.
it makes the rush to get rid of his paci, potty train, and send him to preschool seem a little less.
for now i'll just enjoy the little blonde haired toddler that sings at the top of his lungs, spills juice a zillion times a day; loves to be outside swinging; and could repeat the alphabet 50 times in a row without growing tired of it.

having this awareness helps us to love our children better; and "safeguards from neglecting a tender love" as commanded in titus 2.

here's a quote from Katrina Kenison that was in the chapter:

"Just when I figure out how to mother a kindergartner, it seems I have a first grader standing before me instead. I have just learned to love and live with a nine year old when the nine year old vanishes. leaving a pre-adolescent in his place. They don't stay still long enough for me to have my fill of them ever! "stop" I want to shout..."Let's just do it this way for a little while, let's stay right here" But the moment is inexorable--up and out, away into the future".

so...i'll leave you with a question:

have you numbered your days lately?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI TARA. YOUR ENTRY REALLY HIT HOME WITH ME RIGHT NOW. WITH TYLER GETTING READY TO LEAVE THE NEST, I AM TREASURING EVERY MINUTE I HAVE LEFT WITH HIM UNDER MY ROOF. I'M REALLY GOING TO FEEL THE VOID LEFT. CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT IT'LL BE LIKE WHEN THE LAST ONE LEAVES SO I'M TREASURING THEM AT HOME WHILE I CAN. YOU KIDS JUST HOLD OUR HEARTS IN YOUR HANDS. LOVE YOU ALL.
BTW: LOVED THE FAMILY PHOTO. YOU MAKE A REALLY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. JOY

10/07/2008 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home