Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dear Jordan


Dear Jordan,
You are a rockstar.  And I know I'm your mom so I kind of have to be a bit biased, but I think others would agree.  When I think back over this year and see how you've grown, I cant help but be amazed at what an awesome little guy you are.  This year you went from not being able to hold a crayon or pencil to drawing lines and tracing letters.  You went from one or two word utternances to complete sentences!  You went from avoiding social situations to playing and sharing with friends, even initiating conversations and calling people by name!  You went from being unable to handle loud noises to learning how to cover your ears or remove yourself from the situation.  I know you have far to go, you will struggle harder than I would ever want you to....I wish I could make it easier, but you are shining and I am so proud!
Yesterday when I picked you up from camp and saw you sitting against the wall eating lunch with your new friends I was elated.  I doubt many of the other parents would find this out of the ordinary, but it was such a huge deal to see you sitting happily by your friends eating with them....and when we left and they were telling you bye and giving high-5's my I was jumping for joy inside.  It's times like these when I KNOW you will go far.  So many times I let your 'label' cloud what I know you are capable of.  You teach me daily about perseverance, and while patience was never my strong suit, I find myself tons more patient these days (you're a great teacher :)  I love you and no matter what we face in the future I know you will shine....I am so thankful for the grace that God has given us to make it through this year...and His grace will continue to lead us. 
i love you j-bug,
Mommy

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger The Summers said...

So sweet...way to go Jordan! He sounds like such an amazing little boy, Tara! This blog needs a "like" button! :)

7/21/2010 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Christina Brunt (Elias' mama) said...

What a heartwarming message to a tremendous little guy from a wonderful mama! Thank you for sharing.

Christina

7/21/2010 3:42 PM  
Blogger dadandjoy said...

YOU ARE BOTH SUCH SPECIAL PEOPLE AND GOD BLESSED YOU BOTH BY GIVING YOU TO EACH OTHER. LOVE YOU GUYS.

7/21/2010 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home