Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

got services?

after a long, drawn out 6 month struggle, this kid does!

after the IEP today I came home, fed the boys and got them down for naps, then passed out for a nap myself. A close the door, get under my covers in bed, nap. It's been so long since I've been able to do that. Everything came together today and I believe we came up with a great plan for Jordan.

He'll receive one on one teaching twice a week from his new favorite teacher, Ms. Tilley :) She came by the house yesterday to drop off the draft of the IEP and Jordan instantly connected with her. It was wonderful. He talked about his "teacher Ms. Tilley" the rest of the afternoon and today.

He'll also have Speech and OT in our home during the week. The plan is to integrate him into a classroom by his 4th birthday (April) so that he can begin to learn to socialize with his peers. He'll probably only go 2-3 x a week for small amounts of time until he is comfortable there.

We will also continue Speech at Southeastern University. All this makes for one BUSY schedule but I'm hoping since most of it is in home that it will not be too hectic.

After hearing everyone out I decided not to push for a classroom setting until they feel he's ready. I'd hate to just throw him into that without being fully prepared.

So, that's where we're at. And I dont want to think about another Evaluation, IEP, etc for a very long time. So I think after this post we'll just enjoy Christmas and spend time with our families and friends. Can't wait for that. Thanks for the prayers.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Yay! I know you much have such a sense of peace to have this worked out. I pray you can now relax a little and have fun at Christmas!

12/18/2009 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home